Best Dental Bridges by Dr. Frank Rosner of Laser Dental Associates in Sterling Heights, MI
We offer a wide variety of dental solutions here at laserdentalassociates.com in Sterling Heights, MI. Dental bridges are among the most popular treatments for missing teeth. The process is fast, economical, and comfortable with a beautiful result.
What is a dental bridge?
A fixed bridge, also known as crown and bridgework, is a dental restoration used to replace one or more missing teeth. The procedure allows your dentist to replace a single tooth or series of teeth, resulting in a restoration that looks and functions similar to natural teeth.
The restoration is composed of dental crowns and one or more prosthetic teeth, fused into a single unit. The design is customized according to the number and location of missing teeth.
- The most common design includes one crown at each end, with a replacement tooth between them. The crowns are adhered to teeth at each side of gap, which effectively positions the false tooth precisely where the natural tooth had been.
- Cantilever bridges are designed to be supported by a single tooth. These may be used if there are not suitable teeth on both sides of the gap, however they are uncommon. This design is not strong enough for back teeth, and implants or a traditional dental bridge is usually a better choice for a front tooth.
- Resin-bonded bridge, also called a Maryland bridge, is another rarely-used design. It includes “wings,” which are bonded to teeth, rather than dental crowns.
When is the right time for a dental bridge?
If you are missing a tooth, the answer is simple. The sooner you fill that gap, the better off you are. Unfortunately, many people consider missing teeth a cosmetic problem. A visible gap is unattractive, but if it’s not noticeable when you smile, then you might not be in a hurry to replace it.
In reality, the loss of a tooth can negatively impact your oral and overall health in many ways, including:
Reduced chewing efficiency
Digestion does not begin in the stomach. The first step is chewing, which reduces the size of food particles and mixes them
Bones and teeth are living tissues, reactive to external stimulation, Just like muscles, they need to
Misalignment of adjacent teeth
Have you ever seen an old fence, where one post has fallen down and the lack of support causes nearby posts to lean?
Why choose a dental bridge
We recommend replacement of a missing tooth as soon as possible. If you have a badly damaged, broken, or decayed tooth we will first explore options to save it. In some cases, a dental crown and possible root canal therapy can restore the tooth. When extraction is unavoidable, we will discuss options for replacing the tooth right away.
The benefits of dental bridges include:
- Esthetic: We use high quality porcelain restorations, which mimic the appearance of a natural tooth. Dental ceramics and porcelains are naturally white, with slight transparency. Therefore, it is the ideal base for creating natural-looking restorations. During the treatment planing process, we determine the precise shade of your natural teeth, and adjust the material to match. The result is a dazzling restoration that looks just like a flawless natural tooth.
- Convenient: We use CEREC CAD/CAM technology, enabling us to create premier ceramic restorations right here in our office. That means you won’t need to wait for a detal laboratory or wear a temporarily restoration. We can create your permanent dental bridge the same day your teeth are prepared. If adjustments are needed, they can be done on the spot. Once it’s placed, that’s it – your new smile is ready.
- Affordable – Although dental implants are generally considered the gold standard for tooth replacement, the initial investment can be prohibitive for some patients. The dental bridge cost is much lower, making this an attractive option for individuals on a tight budget. Many patients get a dental bridge to restore their smiles until they are ready for implants.
- Healthy – You can enjoy your favorite foods again, speak clearly, and smile with confidence. Dental bridges also help distribute biting force more evenly, preventing damage or uneven wear and tear to other teeth.
Want a Beautiful Smile? ...Call now for your comfortable, complimentary consultation!
Book Your Appointment
Why choose our practice
The team at LaserDentalAssociates.com is committed to providing the best quality care possible, in a comfortable and welcoming setting. When you visit our office for a consultation, you can expect to be greeted warmly and treated with respect. Our knowledgeable office staff will be happy to assist you and ensure your comfort, though you won’t spend long in the reception area. We arrange our schedule to allow the dentists to spend ample time with each patient, while minimizing your waiting time.At LaserDentalAssociates.com, we treat our patients like family. You can expect to receive individual attention, compassionate care, and five-star customer service, along with excellence in clinical treatment. We have two exceptionally talented dentists:
Dr. Frank Rosner is a board-certified dentist with decades of experience creating beautiful smiles in Sterling Heights, MI. He has previously served as a clinical instructor before deciding to devote his full time to private practice. He is committed to continuing education, and he has completed a number of advanced courses including CEREC technology, laser dentistry, and esthetic dentistry.
Dr. Laura Pepa is a board-certified dentist with more than yten years of experience, She graduated from Detroit’s University of Detroit Mercy in 2005, where she earned her DDS degree. An advocate of continuing education, she has completed multiple courses on advanced dental topics. These include orthodontics, endodontics, and cosmetic dentistry, all of which she has a special interest in.
We offer a wide variety of solutions to meet the various needs of our patients. Our CEREC technology allows us to provide fast and convenient treatment without sacrificing quality. In many cases, dental restorations can be designed, fabricated, and placed in a single appointment. In situations where CEREC is not appropriate, we work with a high quality, reputable dental laboratory to create restorations to our specifications and standards.
If you have a gap in your smile, we have a beautiful answer. Call 586-838-2017 to schedule an appointment.
Bridges Educational Video