Laser Dental Associates in Sterling Heights, MI for High Quality Dental Porcelain Veneers
We all want to feel confident about our appearances, especially in this selfie-loving age of social media. If you are unhappy with the way your smile looks, then you are probably a candidate for dental porcelain veneers, available in Sterling Heights MI at LaserDentalAssociates.com.
What are veneers?
A veneer is a thin layer of esthetic material applied to the surface of something. In dentistry, it refers to a porcelain or resin shell that cover the front surface of a tooth. We prefer to avoid resin veneers, because they do not have the natural luminescence of ceramic materials, and they are not nearly as durable. We take pride in delivering dazzling smile solutions that last. Therefore, our dental veneers are made of advanced high-strength porcelain.
Dental porcelain is a type of ceramic, which has excellent wear resistance. It also resembles tooth enamel in many ways, including reflectivity, translucency, and its naturally white color. A well-made veneer is visually indiscernible from a tooth enamel, giving patients the appearance of naturally flawless smiles.
The many benefits of dental veneers include:
- Correct virtually any cosmetic smile concern with a single procedure
- Conservative treatment requires only minimal tooth restoration
- Porcelain is stain-resistant and does not decay
- Biocompatible, metal free treatment
- You can customize your smile, changing the size, shape, and color of teeth
- High quality, long-lasting restorations (the average lifespan of dental veneers is five to years, often longer with good care)
- Gentle treatment with little, if any, post-procedure discomfort
- Enjoy the confidence of showing off a dazzling smile, on social media and in real life
About the dental veneer procedure
The primary reason people want veneers is for esthetic improvement, so the design and planning phase is of paramount importance. Unlike some dental practices, we do not rush patients through and treat them like numbers. Instead, our dentists take the time to get to know you, understand exactly what you dislike and wish to change about your smile, discuss oral health concerns, and ensure that you have realistic treatment expectations. We recommend spending some time looking in the mirror and evaluating your own smile in advance of your consultation, so that you can clearly explain your concerns.
If you and your dentist agree that veneers are the best option for you, the next step is design. When a single tooth, or just a few teeth, are treated, we match the color of veneers to your natural tooth enamel. The size and shape of the veneers are designed to replicate your natural teeth. However, if you choose to have all visible teeth treated with veneers, then you will have the option of altering your natural tooth size, shape, or color.
Want a Beautiful Smile? ...Call now for your comfortable, complimentary consultation!
Book Your Appointment
The steps of the veneer procedure include
We normally need to shave off a very small amount of tooth enamel, equivalent to the thickness of the veneer. This is a minor alteration, because veneers are about the thickness of a fingernail.
If your veneers will be created by a dental laboratory, your dentist will use a standard tray to take impressions. For veneers created using CEREC technology, we will use optical impressions, which are similar to three dimensional photographs.
Depending on the type of veneer process used, we may create a wax model of your teeth, or work with a three-dimensional virtual model. Either technique serves as a preview of the final result, allowing for refinements to the design if needed.
Veneers manufactured in a dental laboratory take a few days to a couple of weeks. In these cases, we may provide temporary restorations for cosmetic reasons or to avoid sensitivity of prepared teeth. If your veneers are fabricated using CEREC, the process only takes minutes and can be completed during your appointment.
When your new veneers are ready, your dentist will temporarily place them on prepared teeth to check the fit and appearance. If necessary, alterations are made before they are permanently placed.
Only when you are delighted with the appearance of your veneers do we move on the final step, which is permanently attaching them to your teeth. We use a cosmetic bonding agent, which will not darken the color of veneers. The material is applied, veneers are placed, and then it is hardened using a curing light.
Care requirements for dental veneers are very similar the needs of untreated teeth. Some people assume that oral hygiene becomes less important, because porcelain cannot decay. However, the tooth beneath and around the veneer is still susceptible to decay without proper care. Take care to brush and floss regularly, and don’t skip your routine dental appointments. Additionally, if you have a habit of grinding or clenching your teeth while sleeping, we may recommend a night guard appliance to prevent fracturing of veneers.
Why you might need veneers
Our porcelain veneers are among the most versatile cosmetic restorations available. They completely cover the visible portion of treated teeth, so they can correct or improve virtually any aspect of your smile. This may be the ideal solution for you if you are bothered by the appearance of:
- Misalignment and spaces: Dental veneers are not an orthodontic treatment, they can’t straighten teeth. If you wish to move teeth into proper alignment, we recommend Invisalign. However, if your teeth are mildly rotated to crooked and you simply want to change their appearance, veneers offer a fast alternative to braces. Veneers can also widen teeth, closing small gaps between them.
- Tooth shape: Altering the shape of teeth can help give your smile the personality you desire, be it softer, bolder, younger, sexier, more mature, or any other look you want. Additionally, there are times when a tooth does not develop properly and has an abnormal shape, which can be corrected by a veneer covering.
- Size of teeth: If your teeth are disproportionate in relation to other features it can negatively impact your overall facial esthetics. Additionally, each tooth should be proportionately sized as compared to other teeth for the most attractive smile.
- Color: Teeth whitening treatment is the fastest and most conservative solution to discoloration. However, it does not work in every situation. Some stains come from dark inclusions in enamel, and they cannot be bleached away. Additionally, many people have a natural tooth color that is darker than they like, even after stains are removed. A single veneer can cover a bleach-restart stain, while a full set of veneers allows you to choose your smile color.
- Minor damage: Worn dental enamel, tiny chips, and some types of small fractures can be restored with veneers, which essentially serve as artificial tooth enamel. However, because they are quite thin, they are not appropriate for repairing significant damage or decay. Your dentist will tell you if you are a candidate for veneers, or if you need a sturdier restoration such as a full crown.
Meet your cosmetic dentists
Dr. Rosner and Dr. Pepa are well known in Sterling Heights MI and other local communities as highly skilled and compassionate dentists. They have also earned a reputation for excellence in providing artisan quality cosmetic work. The secret to their success is a combination of refined clinical expertise, extensive esthetic dentistry training, the benefit of an artistic eye, and the wisdom that comes with years of experience.
About Dr. Frank Rosner: Dr. Rosner graduated from University of Detroit School of Dentistry in 1978 and dedicated himself to private practice soon thereafter. He has completed countless advanced training programs and continuing education courses, including earning a MSBA degree from Madonna University in the 1990s. He has a special interest in high-tech dentistry, laser treatment, and advanced esthetics.
About Dr. Laura Pepa: Dr. Pepa earned her DDS degree in 2005 from the University of Detroit Mercy, and she has been creating dazzling smiles ever since. She is fluent in three languages. Our patients appreciate her compassionate chairside manner, gentle treatment methods, and wealth of wisdom. Dr. Pepa has a special interest in cosmetic dentistry, orthodontic treatment, and endodontic therapy.
When you visit our practice, you can expect quality treatment, beautiful results, and a wonderful patient experience. We begin with a consultation during which we will discuss your treatment options, the pros and cons of veneers, cost considerations, scheduling, and any other concerns you may have. Throughout your treatment we are available to provide guidance, answer questions, and assist in any way possible – and our concern doesn’t stop when your brand-new smile is complete.
We hope you choose to make LaserDentalAssociates.com your new dental home, so that we can help you enjoy excellent oral health and a confident smile for life. Please call our office at 586-838-2017 and schedule a consultation to begin.